Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain


I get into this mood sometimes.
The one where I can't sleep but I'm far from awake.
And I think of you for the first time in months.
And remember misplaced memories.


Like taking communion for the first time, the wafer sticking to the roof of my mouth and blocking my throat.
Making scones in my grandma's kitchen. Hers round, mine rabbit-shaped.
Tippexing IDs for Jess and I.
Saying I love you and not meaning a word of it.
Finding out about his death on Facebook.
That polka dot dress you loved.
Roadkill on the side of the freeway.
Oversized band T-shirts.
Trying to be cool.
Trying too hard.
(I still try too hard)
Paint on my blazer.
The night I caught fire.

"So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be."- The Perks of Being a Wallflower

This is too much now. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment