Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Thank you.

Today, while searching for paper, I came across the card my mom made me when I was baptised. It had this e. e cummings poem written on it, which I have always loved. It never fails to put me in a good mood.


i thank You God for most this amazing
day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
wich is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday;this is the birth
day of life and love and wings:and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any- lifted from the no
of all nothing-human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was in my matric poetry syllabus, and dont think i didnt notice that lower case e.e.

michness said...

It's how he liked it ;)

Post a Comment