Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jiminy Cricket

So after watching The Cove, for some strange reason I just couldn't face the idea of eating meat. This is not what the movie deals with, so I'm not sure why I felt that way. Maybe because I was so outraged and deeply sad for these dolphins, whereas I know cows, sheep, fish and pigs are treated the same way and I eat them everyday. I've given power to the industries that exploit animals for 20 years now. So maybe its time to make a change.


I've been talking to my friend Lisa (check out her blogs Days Like Today and V is for Vegan). She recently took a pledge to become a vegan for 30 days. Shes been a vegetarian for 2 years now, and her willpower really inspires me. She also showed me Meet your Meat, an undercover investigation into the meat industry. If you want inspiration to cut meat out of your diet, watch it. Warning, it will probably make you really nauseous and bawl your eyes out.
Since I'm usually so bad at follow through, always getting a great idea and then lussing it later on, I've signed a pledge to be a veggie for 30 days. I obviously intend to keep going way longer than that but its a good way to start. I'm also blogging about it to stay accountable, so if I slip feel free to tell me I'm a bad person ;)


If you find the idea interesting, go to GoVeg.com, and if you want to try it out you can sign the pledge at Meat.org


xxx 

1 comment:

FindingMyUnicorn said...

Yay its working. Seems like we might all end up being vegetarian.. hehe :) x

Post a Comment