Saturday, February 4, 2012

DIY FYI

This may or may not be the worst DIY post ever, but I'm going with it!

Disclaimer: I am a terrible DIYer. Due to my all-or-nothing personality, I'm either repainting absolutely everything or doing feck-all. 

I've recently redone my room (mission of the year) and wanted a magnetic board to put on the wall. Since I wanted a specific fabric I decided to try make it myself. Judge as you will :)


1. Find an old baking tray, some fabric to cover it with, wood glue and a paintbrush.


2. Paint the baking tray with wood glue, covering the whole thing. Then lay the fabric on top, smoothing it out with your hands. Turn the tray over and glue the excess fabric to the back.


 3. Stick it to the wall with double-sided tape and there it is :)
I used my Bow Peep magnets and some old kiddies fridge magnets to make it pretty. 


Pragtig! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment