Friday, November 9, 2012

Bitches be voting

On Tuesday night, I couldn't sleep. I was so excited to find out the results of the American election that I woke up at 7 to watch Sky News. (This may not seem early to most of you, but I am lazy) I was OVERJOYED that Obama won, literally could not stop smiling all day. Which may seem weird, considering I am South African and according to many friends' facebook statuses, the US election has very little to do with me.

I disagree. The reason why I am so excited about the result is that it shows how previously oppressed groups have taken their power back, and this sets a precedent for the rest of the world.

A lesson for the Republican party: if you ignore the rights of women, gay people, the poor and ethnic minorities...WE NOTICE. And in the words of Tyler Durden...


Til next time...xx

No comments:

Post a Comment