Monday, May 14, 2012

Boring


I've been such a fail with blogging lately...honours, freelancing and trying to maintain something that resembles a life has really taken it's toll! Lauren had the same problem so I'm borrowing this questionnaire from her :)

What was the first book that made you cry?
It was either The Little Princess, when the dad doesn't recognise his daughter, or Charlotte's Web. My mom still talks about The Weekend when I read that Charlotte had died.

What are your three favourite things?
Design/ Illustration, laughing and loved ones.
When have you performed for a crowd? 
I'm really not a performer. Last time I was on a stage was reading a poem I wrote for the English Alive book launch. In Grade 11. What a nerd!

What goal have you given up on? 
Being married by 23? (That's me joking.) All the goals I have now I'm still busy working towards. 

What is your favourite condiment?
Balsamic vinegar makes my soul happy.

If you could have lunch with anyone living who would it be?
Stefan Sagmeister.

Cards or board games?
A bit of both...Drinking Uno is always a winner. I love Pictionary and 30 seconds...but Monopoly makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Sorry Kez.

What was the last thing you got for free?
I won herb scissors and a gardening book from Yuppiechef :) I'm obsessed with competitions!

What was the last peaceful day you had?
Far too long ago!

Who is the best living guitar player?
I don't know. But the one I love the most is Guy Buttery.

What is your favourite Disney Movie?
Little Mermaid because she's the only ranga princess. Alice in Wonderland is a close second.

What is the most enjoyable thing your family has done together?
So many things. Our trips to the UK and Thailand were amazing!

Do you have any brothers or sisters?
2 brothers, David and Sean. David is a genius studying Chemical Engineering. Sean is fluent in Xhosa and wants to be a teacher in the townships. I'm so proud of both of them! 

If you could be given ANY gift what would it be?
An around-the-world ticket! 

What is your favourite TV show of all time ie you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it?
True Blood and Scrubs!

What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name?
I like my name, it can stay. But I would probably choose something more in line with my heritage. For instance, my mom's name is Ceridwen which is Welsh for 'Poetess'.

Whats the worst/most embarrassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it? 
So, so many. I had all the Steps albums (way past when they were actually cool) and can still sing most of their songs.

What would be your dream vehicle?
A baby aeroplane! My uncle is an amateur pilot and I love flying with him.

What characteristic do you dislike about yourself?
I tend to get very jealous.
What did you want to be when you were little and do you think you ever will be?
I wanted to be an astronaut when I was little...I don't think thats going to happen tho. But I've always loved art, and I love being a designer now.

What’s the next planned event you're looking forward to in your life?
My varsity holiday!

What was your favourite toy as a child?
Ratty Tatty, my woollen rat. Possibly the strangest childhood toy but I loved him!

When was the last time you cried laughing and why?
With Taz and Em...remembering the time Emma dressed up as a gorilla and was hit on the head with a pole. No time to explain...

What is stashed under your bed/mattress?
All my old design work.

What are you really afraid of?
Turning 40 and stil be waiting for my life to begin. (I saw this on a postsecret once and it absolutely terrified me)

xx


(Illustration by the ever-wonderful Marc Johns)

No comments:

Post a Comment