Sunday, December 27, 2009

18. Short the pain

One of my many passions in life is body modification. At the moment it doesn't show so much, I only have 4 holes in my ears, a surface bar in my neck and a tongue web ring. (That sounds like I'm being sarcastic, but they're hardly visible) And my favourite favourite, my wrist tattoo.
Below is me getting tattooed by Tyler from Sins of Style at last year's Tattoo Convention.


The next convention is from the 22-24 Jan, check it out here. I'll definitely be there, hopefully adding some ink to my collection :)
Plans include an antique key inside my lip, birds flying out of a birdcage on my back, Alice in Wonderland illustrations on my legs and a phoenix on my feet. I love the idea of the body as canvas, and as the Maori chant goes, "Short the pain, long the adornment."

No comments:

Post a Comment